Our first 10 Book Box set is available NOW!
Ten wonderful fiction stories with illustrations to tweak the imagination. Read more about each story at About Authors and Illustrators and purchase through Contact Us. $40 plus shipping for the 10 book set and box, $5 each plus shipping for individual books. Books are also available right now at Vernon Teach and Learn, Vernon, BC. Continue to check here for further outlets near you.
DO YOU KNOW OF A YOUNG ARTIST WHO WOULD LIKE TO ASSIST MARIE IN ILLUSTRATING ONE OF HER OTHER STORIES?
If you know of, or you are, a youth illustrator, and want to team up with a senior author for publication, Marie is looking for you.
Senior author, Marie Firth has many wonderful stories only in need of young illustrators. Contact us at i2i(at)intergenerational.ca
Give the Meadows School Intergenerational Literacy Project a High 5 for promoting:
- Unique national Intergenerational fiction series for easy reading
- Work published in simple format, and available at minimal cost
- Partnership of ideas of child/youth, and elders trans-Canada
- Profits pooled for local financial aid to your youth writers/artists
- Lasting friendship bridges built through the literary and graphic arts
Contact us at i2i(at)intergenerational.ca
TO JOIN OUR PROJECT:
- If you have an elder or youth author or illustrator, or several representatives from different generations who would like to participate volunteering their short fiction stories or art work, contact us at i2i(at)intergenerational.ca
- If you are currently involved in an intergenerational project and would like to build your own box set, contact us at i2i(at)intergenerational.ca
We will partner with you and assist you in publishing within the guidelines of the Meadows School Intergenerational Literacy Project™. As partners we will also promote your finished work on this website, and offer our experiences in setting up scholarships.
ALL stories and art work must be donated. No proceeds will go to individuals. Student participants will receive, from the organizers, a letter of reference indicating their participation in this project. All work will be selected by the local organizers against a set of criteria established by the i2i Intergenerational Society.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) STUDENTS EXPRESS DELIGHT WITH MEADOWS SCHOOL LITERACY PROJECT BOOKSET
Marie Firth, author of the Meadows Intergenerational Literacy Project Book Set 1 recently reported that her niece in Australia found an excellent use for the ten fiction books. In her work as a teacher, she uses the stories with her ESL students. They love the easy to read adventures and enjoy the children’s illustrations.